Tutorial on Alan interface

Hi,
Is it possible to get the tutorial on Alan interface?
I want my app to communicate with a third-party app which will be sending geo-coordinates to my app.

Thank you.

Hi Brenden,

There is not a full tutorial on creating interfaces and currently not enough capacity to work on it. Many parts are actually already described in the documentation, though. First thing you should know, is that there are two types of interfaces from the point of view of an application: consumed interfaces and provided interfaces. A provided interface by one alan application can be consumed by another alan application with only some routing information. You can find an example of a consumed interface in the foods4zoos application. I will share an example of a provided interface later in the week.

To both types of interfaces, it is also possible to connect a connector. The connector is able to provide an interface (for an alan application to consume) or consume an interface (provided by an alan application). Next to that, it has capabilities to connect via http, mail, ftp, etc. and handle all kinds of data formats like csv, xml, binary, etc. A connector can be used to connect to a geo web api.

Please look into the consumed interface setup in foods4zoos already, to get an idea of how that works. Documentation on all alan file types involved can be found in the online docs.

Good luck, Rick

1 Like