Anonymous and Dynamic User Authentication

Is it possible to have both an anonymous user and dynamic user working together in one application.

Let’s say after setting users to dynamic, if I understand very well one thing the session-manager does is showing the login page. Meaning one has to sign in/up or the login page appears first.

i. For instance, I want everyone to see the data in my application without any sign ups just as an anonymous will do.
ii. But then again, I’ll need an Admin to do the updating of data in the application which will require logging in.
Meaning you only sign in if you want to effect a change, other than that you can just view the data.

Is it possible to achieve this?

Have you tried enabling anonymous login in the settings.alan file for your webclient system?

anonymous login: enabled

Note that you also need this at the top of your application model:

users
	anonymous

Yes I have done that. But with what you have stated it means that the application will be working for anonymous users only.
But I want an Admin to be doing data entry. Which requires the admin to log in.
Meaning anybody with the application URL can only view the listings. But Admin only logs in to make changes to the listings.

But with what you have stated it means that the application will be working for anonymous users only.

No, that is not true. You can specify support for users that require login after anonymous:

users
	anonymous
	dynamic: .'Users'

An Admin can then use the login button in the side bar on the left hand side of your app:

1 Like

Okay I now get it. Thanks very much